Monday, March 29, 2010

End in Sight

Early in 2006 I completed my first marathon. It took me a little over 4 hours to do it, but when I was done I couldn't walk well for at least three days. I've since learned lessons on how to keep from damaging my feet, unfortanetly it has done little good to prevent the pain incurred during the past two weeks. A supervisor at my company had been released from employment so I stepped in temporarily to assist the abandoned employees. Though the effort has provide with vast amounts of rewards the price I've paid is the extreme pain in my feet. Walking around the production floor for 11 or 12 hours a day for two weeks has taken its toll. Not only has me feet suffered, so has my editing of RABBIT SLAYER.

But there is an end in sight. Tonight I'll get an hour or two to work on Chapter 20 then tomorrow the new supervisor will be taking over the production line, which will allow me to resume a normal work schedule. Meaning that I'll have more time to edit.

I have come to the conclusion that the little arm chairs in Barnes & Noble are not sufficiently big enough for a man and his laptop. If I prop my elbows up on the arms my shoulders press into my ears. If I squeeze them down to the sides I feel like I'm crushing my rib cage. Neither is particularly comfortable.

And I really do enjoy helping people. The is a gentleman here at B&N pulling up a book on triathlons, so of course I had to talk to him. He's wanting to do a Sprint Tri coming soon. I've given him the name of a few books that are much better than the one that he is currently looking at. I really do miss doing the triathlons. Now that it's starting to warm up I need to get back into it. I'm wanting to get back into it and loose the extra weight I've put on in the last two years (since I started writing RABBIT SLAYER).

Oh joy - a table opened up with a close by power outet. Time to start editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment