Monday, March 8, 2010

Back to the Editing

I've survived the week from orchestra hell. My arms feel like mush and I'm exhausted, but it's done. I have a short (only two hours) rehearsal tonight and then tomorrow I get an afternoon to rest. I still have a couple of hours to work on editing, so I find myself at the nearby Barnes and Noble on the laptop getting ready to edit. I've found that the blogging has helped my in getting my brain switched from the madness of work to the madness of editing and trimming my manuscript.

Okay, I'm curious.

Where is the strangest place you've found yourself working on your writing? Better yet - what helps you get into the right "mindset" for writing?

Sorry for the short post, but I have a short time to write tonight...

1 comment:

  1. Writing on the DC Metro, using a laptop, works for me. There's so much background noise that I can tune out easily to concentrate. And, on rare occasions, seeing an interesting face can make just the right idea click in my head. The only problem is missing my stop, which I've done on quite a few occasions.

    ReplyDelete