Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rant of the Day

I am so glad that work is over today. I feel like I've been put through the wringer and then hung to dry. Frustration level is high and I've got more stress tonight for the dress rehearsal for the orchestra. Seriously, how much stress can one person take in a day. And now as I am sitting here writing at Borders someone has to park in a spot in such a way that the sun light is beaming directly into my eyes. - Yeah Isabella I know that you would like to have more sunlight in the UK, but that is why I am in TX; for the sun. NOT

Okay, so today is a rant session for the blog. My ranting really has nothing to do with writing but it does help relieve my stress so I can focus on the tedious job of editing. The rant for the day is work ethics. This week I had to release three people from employement because of unprofessional work ethics. Is it really too much to ask for a new employee to come to work, pay attention to the intructor, and do the word assigned? Work is not a social club - it is not there for the pleasure of the employee. And when they make a mistake OWN up to it. Take responsibility for you actions. One of the things that will aggrevate me the most is the "it's not my fault" excuse.

Then to continue on the rant. If you don't pay people much AND you only give them a quarter of the needed training AND there is no previous experience DON'T expect full production! Come on people give me something here. You can't have cheap labor, massive production, happy employees, and good quality work. It doesn't work that way. Pay people, give them the tools they need, and provide positive re-enforcement for a job well done.

Okay. Now that I've bored you all with my ranting I'll go and do some editing. Only 7 more chapters to complete. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to change POV in several of those chapters. Crap.

1 comment:

  1. Way to vent that tension:) Heehee, it's sunny today as well. lol

    ReplyDelete