Friday, April 16, 2010

Consistancy and Sacrafice

I think the key to writing - nah - writing well - is to write consistantly. I've been neglecting that consistancy as of late - thus the sparseness of my blog entries. Work has dragged my attention to the point that I don't even want to turn on the computer when I get home. But all is not lost.

One of the side effects of my new focus at work is that I have seen an increase in energy levels. I may not want to be on the computer when I get home, but I don't want to sit still either. Prior to starting RABBIT SLAYER I was an advid triathlete. With the changes in my life on and around the decision to write my interest in triathlete training waned, which resulted in crashing my energy levels and an explosion in weight around my middle.

So with my new found energy I have begun to get back into training. As a result the revisions have slowed. I must learn to balance the interests and still remain consistant on my writing. I know the balancing act is percarious and is a trick that must be planned out. I can do it - I know I can. I am certain that people all over the world have learned to create this balance - or have they?

Most likely, if you are reading this you are a writer. At least I beleive all my followers (all 12 of you) are writers. If so, I have a question for you. How have you learned to balance your life repsonsibilties with your passion of writing OR have you let things suffer to give you more time to write?

3 comments:

  1. Glad you've been taking some time for yourself. I try really hard not to let my life and writing throw eachother off. Sometimes it doesn't always work out but I try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh? This coming from the woman that stays up to 2am finishing the lastest draft of her MS? See I do read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a very similar post a few days ago. I had plenty of time to devote to my MS over the winter, but with spring here--it horses, horses, horses. I've still made progress with edits, and I devote time everyday to writing (except weekends) even if it's just for a few minutes.

    At least now I have a fresh perspective each time I look at my novel, whereas a few weeks ago I thought my eyes would cross from staring at it too much!

    ReplyDelete